Friday, February 24, 2012

Sugarless Day #5

So close! I want some froyo, but I don't think it's because I've been depriving myself, I think it's just because I like me some froyo.

Today I actually got to spend an hour with the boyfriend before he went off to tech. I had some eggs (which I should say are actually egg whites that I put some cheese on top of). I added some turkey pepperoni to the eggs and put that whole mixture on top of some toast. Heaven on toast. Then I had a smoothie before I headed out the door for a few errands.

Got home and was only a little hungry, but I knew if I didn't eat I would be starving just before I had to leave. I was going to meet the boyfriend on his dinner break to spend some time with him. So I had some oatmeal that I stirred in a little strawberry jam. I added blueberries, raisins and walnuts to it and was pleasantly full.

When I got to le Rep to meet Andy, he thought we were meeting to go out to eat. I realize this was dumb on my part since whenever I say "Want me to come to your dinner break?" we always eat together. I had eaten an hour and half ago and was not hungry, but went to get teriyaki with him.

And then I made the mistake of saying, "Well, since I'm here I'll eat." I got a sushi bento box with a California roll, 2 gyoza, teriyaki chicken and extra salad. Andy and I traded some California roll for his egg roll. That egg roll is the first truly fried thing I had had in many many days and it immediately made me want to take a nap.

Andy wanted a treat, so we stopped at the grocery store to get him a cookie and me a ginger ale to help my protesting stomach.

I love that I googled "protesting stomach" hoping to get a cute cartoon of a stomach with a picket sign. Instead I got this:



I sure would love to be there right now, wouldn't you?

Anywho, I found a ginger ale that was sweetened with pineapple juice and honey and called it good.

And then I had 3 nibbles of Andy's cookie. I didn't even really like it, I just like taking his food. So there's some sugar. It was the size of my thumb and I know it was purely because I wanted the camaraderie of eating his food. Not because I felt like I needed a nap owing to the basketball of food rolling around in my stomach.

Work was fine, except for the need to take a nap. Erin brought me some seaweed snacks, which I ate happily during the second act along with some crackers.

So with the exception of a small bit of cookie, a relatively sugar-free day. Note to self: avoid egg rolls.

Keep an eye out for an upcoming financial post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics